Fields of expertise
In the construction sector, rising technical standards and legal requirements lead to a clear increase in the services of architects at the planning and execution levels. Both contractors and clients find themselves exposed to an increased number of interface risks that endanger the successful course of projects. This potential for conflict can be defused: forward-looking legal advice and contract drafting create a safe project basis for all parties.
We offer you advice in all matters concerning agreements with architects, engineers or project managers. You can rely on the construction-related expertise and legal foresight of our experts in architectural law in the negotiation, drafting and reviewing of contracts. We support typical problems such as remuneration and liability issues from the draft agreement to supplementary agreements in a solution-oriented manner. In doing so, we always follow the practical and economic requirements of construction work; we prefer timely avoidance of conflicts and the extrajudicial settlement of conflicts of interest wherever possible. Our firm is authorised for the mediation of construction matters and also represents you in arbitration proceedings in a legal capacity.
Our key services in architectural law
- Advice on contractual issues, especially on:
- the formation and termination of the contract,
- the potential invalidity of the contract, as well as the reviewing of violations against legal provisions
- the scope of services and precise details of the contract
- replacement orders
- Advice on remuneration matters, especially in relation to:
— remuneration bands and remuneration rates
— the service phases
— the arrangement of a flat fee or hourly fee
— the minimum and maximum rates of the HOAI
— the chargeable costs of a construction project
— the possible arrangement of a performance fee
— all special issues concerning remuneration, especially in the case of planning changes or a rejected planning application
— the final invoice and maturity of the claim
— any action for the recovery of fees submitted by the architect
- Advice on liability issues, including the judicial and extrajudicial representation of architects, engineers, project managers and their liability insurers
Urban development planning notably includes formal and content-related requirements in the process of drawing up the plans, the procedure, the possibilities for participation and legal protection, as well as the implementation and safeguarding of the planning. Sectoral planning law covers the planning of spatially-relevant projects such as roads and motorways.
Planning law particularly involves conflicts concerning pollution control laws in urban development planning (such as noise associated with sports, leisure activities, industry and traffic), environmental considerations (especially nature conservation issues) in specialist planning (such as in planning permission for roads or airports), as well as the relationship between construction planning and trade laws (such as the licensing law legitimacy of entertainment facilities).
We advise private individuals, businesses and communities on the entire planning process.
We are your competent point of contact for the drafting of contracts relating to the transfer of property — be this by way of sale or due to endowment or hereditary succession.
We take care of the necessary property encumbrances such as land charges, mortgages, usufruct orders or housing law orders. Even public access rights and rights of way, pipeline rights and all further safeguards than can be entered into the land register of the property concerned are prepared by our firm and notarised or authenticated if necessary. In the case of disputes arising from rights to property, we are committed to asserting your claims.
Our key services in land law
- Real estate contracts of sale
- Transfers of property
- Power of sale
Our firm is specialised in all matters concerning real estate that may arise. Regardless of the need for legal counsel in construction, acquisition, sale, renting or leasing of real estate, or for legal counsel in connection with brokerage activity in the area of real estate management, we give you comprehensive advice. Due to the possibility of acting in a legal representative or notarial capacity for you, we can help you in the area of real estate law in every respect. Our firm therefore supports and executes the division of property in condominiums or divisions resulting from new boundary surveys.
Our firm also assists you in matters of foreclosure proceedings and enforcement in real estate, in the commissioning of land charges and mortgages, as well as in all matters of safeguards of rights to real estate.
We act on behalf of our clients in all areas of e‑commerce and Internet law.
We offer you advice on trademark, competition and copyright law-related matters. We also offer advice on the set-up of online shops, starting with the creation and design of the website and covering advice on the conclusion of contracts over the Internet up to any liability issues that may arise.
Our key services in Internet law
- Drawing up of the data privacy statement and imprint
- Settlement of contracts in electronic commerce
- Obligations to provide information on the part of online shop operators
- Set-up and ordering process of online shops
- General terms and conditions for the distribution of goods over the Internet and all matters associated with this
Work and services contract law has been a key area of specialisation of our firm for many years.
We offer you advice in all areas of private and public construction law. Alongside advisory services, we also handle proceedings for taking of evidence as well as all other legal disputes.
Our key services in work and services contract law
- Drafting and reviewing of construction and architect contracts
- Assessment or enforcement of warranty claims and claims for the correction of faults
- Defence or enforcement of claims for abatement and damages
- Settlement of compensation disputes
The concept of business law is not uniformly defined. It nonetheless covers the entirety of standards that restrict and guide self-employment in industry, commerce, craft trades, agriculture, transport and liberal professions.
We advise and represent you both extrajudicially and in court proceedings in all matters considered here. We especially attempt to develop solutions prior to litigation, so that disputes do not arise. If these have nonetheless already arisen, we also represent you before the authorities to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
Civil law governs the legal relationships between private individuals and businesses. Regulations on civil law are notably found in the German Civil Code (BGB). Various special regulations also exist, such as in the German Commercial Code.
We enforce your claims out of court and represent you in judicial proceedings, to obtain a so-called title (such as a ruling). In cases of foreclosure, we help you to successfully enforce legally established claims.
Our key services in civil law
- Right to impose contractual and legal obligations, especially general contract law, sales law and work and services contract law
- Right to claim for compensation in rights violations arising from unlawful action (in the case of damage by third parties)
- Right to the return of assets (unjustified enrichment, claims for surrender of ownership, etc.)
- Claims for the removal or omission of damages (such as in the case of defamation or neighbour law)
- Studied law in Konstanz and Cork/Ireland (Diploma in Common Law)
- State Examination in Law, 2019 in Konstanz
- clerkship in Ravensburg
- Second State Examination in Law, 2021 in Ravensburg
- Lawyer in Ravensburg since Juli 2021
Offices and memberships
- Member of the Working Group on Construction and Architectural
- Member of the Ravensburg Bar Association, r.a.