Fields of expertise
Timely settlement of matters of inheritance is the best prerequisite for the peaceful coexistence of the bereaved parties. German inheritance law offers numerous possibilities to adhere to the last will and to individually determine hereditary succession, which the subject matter already makes extremely complex. When special living conditions and financial circumstances are added into the mix, inheritance law issues are almost impossible to resolve without specialist legal knowledge.
Our specialist lawyers in inheritance law and family law offer you competent and compassionate advice on all aspects of asset and company succession. If legal hereditary succession should lead to undesired results, we will develop a tailor-made strategy with you for the transfer of assets during the person's lifetime or in the event or death. Our notaries will design on request the appropriate orders or will review existing wills and inheritance contracts for their effectiveness. As an objective mediator, we will support you with internal family communication and will contribute to the avoidance or swift resolution of inheritance disputes. You can also rely on our competent support in the administration of estates.
Our key services in inheritance law
- Drafting and reviewing of testamentary dispositions (wills, inheritance contracts)
- Anticipated hereditary succession, drafting of donation agreements
- Advice on succession and succession planning
- Clarification and drafting of international private law-related succession issues
- Advance directives and living wills
- Support with applications for certificates of inheritance and negotiations for certificates of inheritance, representation in certificate of inheritance proceedings
- Enforcement or rebuttal of claims to legal portions of inheritance, drafting of contracts for the relinquishment of inheritance
- Help with the administration of estates, creation of estate records
- Estate settlements and execution of wills, drafting of estate settlement contracts
- Extrajudicial and judicial representation in inheritance disputes
German family law is extremely multifaceted. It regulates all legal relationships that result from marriage or civil partnership, familial or other family relationships, as well as legal representative functions. Family conflicts raise existential questions and often lead to a complete reorientation in life. We find solutions to offer a positive future outlook for our clients and to guarantee their interests over the long-term.
To prevent disputes, the possibility exists to enter contractual arrangements, both for the duration of cohabitation and in the event of separation or divorce. Our notaries, specialist lawyers and experts in family law will advise you in-depth on all aspects of marriage law and child custody law, especially on the drafting of marriage or civil partnership contracts, as well as on issues of custody, maintenance, and property. The declared objective of our advisory services is the maintaining of family peace. We are committed to the personal satisfaction of our clients and ensure financial justice taking into account the parent–child relationship.
Our key services in family law
- Advice on marriage law, drafting and reviewing of marriage contracts and civil partnership contracts
- Advice and representation in divorce proceedings
- Asset disputes, property law proceedings
- Advice and representation in pension rights adjustment matters
- Advice on child custody law including interactions and parental care
- Declarations in child custody law (acknowledgments of paternity, custody declarations, maintenance obligations)
- Child support and alimony, representation in maintenance proceedings
- Child custody proceedings
- Adoption proceedings
Company law-related matters, such as those that arise in the founding, reorganisation and dissolution of businesses, have long played a central role in our day-to-day counselling practice. Experience makes the difference: processes in business development are complex and require special knowledge of both the legal and economic relationships.
Through specialist lawyer-related specialisation in commercial and company law, as well as further relevant legal fields, you are in good hands with us as a business owner in every respect. Our firm fully supports you in all legal matters of business development and operational day-to-day business. We represent you both extrajudicially and in judicial proceedings.
We even support you in the purchase and sale of commercial transactions, businesses and shareholdings, as well as in the procurement of capital. We are also happy to assist you in Commercial Register registration and deregistration formalities.
Our key services in company law
- Advice on choice of legal structure and company incorporation
- Advice on structuring matters related to incorporated companies (GmbH, AG) and partnerships (GbR, StGes, OHG, KG)
- Assistance in processes of transformation (restructuring and reorganisation through mergers, splitting, changes in legal form or transfer of assets)
- Amendments to bylaws
- Notarisation of shareholder resolutions
- Advice on capital measures and initial public offerings, acquisition and divestiture of company shares
- Liquidation and dissolution of the company
- Registration in the Commercial Register and Register of Associations
- Commercial Register powers of attorney
We are your competent point of contact for the drafting of contracts relating to the transfer of property - be this by way of sale or due to endowment or hereditary succession.
We take care of the necessary property encumbrances such as land charges, mortgages, usufruct orders or housing law orders. Even public access rights and rights of way, pipeline rights and all further safeguards than can be entered into the land register of the property concerned are prepared by our firm and notarised or authenticated if necessary. In the case of disputes arising from rights to property, we are committed to asserting your claims.
Our key services in land law
- Real estate contracts of sale
- Transfers of property
- Power of sale
Globalisation and digitisation have immensely changed the requirements in trade. Intensified competition, worldwide movement of goods and data, as well as complicated legal frameworks require carefully designed distribution systems and contractual arrangements. We help our clients to compete on the dynamic markets, to act in compliance with the law, and to successfully further develop their business models.
From our day-to-day work, we know the processes in commercial enterprises in many different sectors and identify with the economic objectives of our clients. Our specialist lawyers in commercial and company law are experienced practitioners who are both familiar with the purchase and supply relationships between businesses at different trade levels and with those of end customers.
We support you with competent advice throughout the entire value-added chain, undertake contractual arrangements, assert your claims or defend against unjustified claims. Depending on the issue, our specialised lawyers in antitrust, trademark and competition law, as well as those in IT law and data protection, are happy to be at your disposal.
Our key services in commercial law
- Advice on the building, expansion and restructuring of distribution systems
- Drafting and settlement of distribution contracts (agency contracts, distributor agreements, franchise contracts)
- Licensing agreements, cooperation and quality assurance agreements
- Procuration and powers of attorney
- Drafting and reviewing of general terms and conditions, conditions of purchase and terms of delivery
- Advice and representation in warranty and liability issues
- Defence against and enforcement of claims (acceptance criteria, liability for defects, product liability, contractual penalties)
We offer you advice on all matters of sales law and check in advance:
- if a purchase agreement has effectively come into force
- if possibilities of challenges exist
- if the purchased item is faulty
- which rights and obligations result from the purchase agreement
We assert your rights when warranty claims arise and defend against these if claims of wrongdoing are alleged.
We also consider the particular situations of a purchase, such as:
- contracts closed away from business premises
- distance contracts
- motor vehicle or computer purchase agreements
A major focus of our firm is notarial contract drafting.
Notarial documents are drawn up by us, authenticated or notarised, or even gladly reviewed for you in the case of notarisation done outside of our firm. We are also capable of carrying out notarial contract processing in international border transactions with neighbouring and other European countries, be this in land, inheritance or company law.
Our key services in notarial contract drafting
- Purchase agreements for property and dwellings
- Endowments and transfer of ownership agreements
- Declarations of division and developer contracts
- Marriage and inheritance contracts as well as divorce settlements
- Wills, powers of attorney, advance directives
- Articles of association, share purchase agreements and mergers of businesses
- Commercial register applications and company certificates of incorporation, especially for the founding of a GmbH, limited partnership or registration of a sole trader
- General meetings of publicly traded companies, procuration orders and managing director appointments
The German Condominium Act regulates the rights and obligations of members or owners of a homeowners or condominium association.
Our firm represents both individual owners, owners' associations, and property managers extrajudicially, judicially and also at owners' meetings, if necessary.
Our key services in residential property law
- Utilities/housing benefit payments
- Estate division orders
- Property management agreements
- Rights and obligations arising from joint ownership
- Individual and communal property
- Rules for use
- Benefits, burdens and costs
- Condominium owners' association meetings (convocation, presidency, minutes, resolutions)
- Appointment and dismissal of the manager or custodian
- Responsibilities and powers of the manager or custodian
- Budgets, accounting
- Studied law at the University of Tübingen
- State Examination in Law, 2006
- Legal internship in Ravensburg, at the German University of Administrative Sciences Speyer and in London/England
- Second State Examination in Law, 2008/2009
- Lawyer in Ravensburg since 2009
- Specialist lawyer in inheritance law since 2017
Offices and memberships
- Member of the Ravensburg Bar Association, r.a.