Fields of expertise
Timely settlement of matters of inheritance is the best prerequisite for the peaceful coexistence of the bereaved parties. German inheritance law offers numerous possibilities to adhere to the last will and to individually determine hereditary succession, which the subject matter already makes extremely complex. When special living conditions and financial circumstances are added into the mix, inheritance law issues are almost impossible to resolve without specialist legal knowledge.
Our specialist lawyers in inheritance law and family law offer you competent and compassionate advice on all aspects of asset and company succession. If legal hereditary succession should lead to undesired results, we will develop a tailor-made strategy with you for the transfer of assets during the person's lifetime or in the event or death. Our notaries will design on request the appropriate orders or will review existing wills and inheritance contracts for their effectiveness. As an objective mediator, we will support you with internal family communication and will contribute to the avoidance or swift resolution of inheritance disputes. You can also rely on our competent support in the administration of estates.
Our key services in inheritance law
- Drafting and reviewing of testamentary dispositions (wills, inheritance contracts)
- Anticipated hereditary succession, drafting of donation agreements
- Advice on succession and succession planning
- Clarification and drafting of international private law-related succession issues
- Advance directives and living wills
- Support with applications for certificates of inheritance and negotiations for certificates of inheritance, representation in certificate of inheritance proceedings
- Enforcement or rebuttal of claims to legal portions of inheritance, drafting of contracts for the relinquishment of inheritance
- Help with the administration of estates, creation of estate records
- Estate settlements and execution of wills, drafting of estate settlement contracts
- Extrajudicial and judicial representation in inheritance disputes
German family law is extremely multifaceted. It regulates all legal relationships that result from marriage or civil partnership, familial or other family relationships, as well as legal representative functions. Family conflicts raise existential questions and often lead to a complete reorientation in life. We find solutions to offer a positive future outlook for our clients and to guarantee their interests over the long-term.
To prevent disputes, the possibility exists to enter contractual arrangements, both for the duration of cohabitation and in the event of separation or divorce. Our notaries, specialist lawyers and experts in family law will advise you in-depth on all aspects of marriage law and child custody law, especially on the drafting of marriage or civil partnership contracts, as well as on issues of custody, maintenance, and property. The declared objective of our advisory services is the maintaining of family peace. We are committed to the personal satisfaction of our clients and ensure financial justice taking into account the parent–child relationship.
Our key services in family law
- Advice on marriage law, drafting and reviewing of marriage contracts and civil partnership contracts
- Advice and representation in divorce proceedings
- Asset disputes, property law proceedings
- Advice and representation in pension rights adjustment matters
- Advice on child custody law including interactions and parental care
- Declarations in child custody law (acknowledgments of paternity, custody declarations, maintenance obligations)
- Child support and alimony, representation in maintenance proceedings
- Child custody proceedings
- Adoption proceedings
We are your competent point of contact for the drafting of contracts relating to the transfer of property - be this by way of sale or due to endowment or hereditary succession.
We take care of the necessary property encumbrances such as land charges, mortgages, usufruct orders or housing law orders. Even public access rights and rights of way, pipeline rights and all further safeguards than can be entered into the land register of the property concerned are prepared by our firm and notarised or authenticated if necessary. In the case of disputes arising from rights to property, we are committed to asserting your claims.
Our key services in land law
- Real estate contracts of sale
- Transfers of property
- Power of sale
Our firm is specialised in all matters concerning real estate that may arise. Regardless of the need for legal counsel in construction, acquisition, sale, renting or leasing of real estate, or for legal counsel in connection with brokerage activity in the area of real estate management, we give you comprehensive advice. Due to the possibility of acting in a legal representative or notarial capacity for you, we can help you in the area of real estate law in every respect. Our firm therefore supports and executes the division of property in condominiums or divisions resulting from new boundary surveys.
Our firm also assists you in matters of foreclosure proceedings and enforcement in real estate, in the commissioning of land charges and mortgages, as well as in all matters of safeguards of rights to real estate.
A major focus of our firm is notarial contract drafting.
Notarial documents are drawn up by us, authenticated or notarised, or even gladly reviewed for you in the case of notarisation done outside of our firm. We are also capable of carrying out notarial contract processing in international border transactions with neighbouring and other European countries, be this in land, inheritance or company law.
Our key services in notarial contract drafting
- Purchase agreements for property and dwellings
- Endowments and transfer of ownership agreements
- Declarations of division and developer contracts
- Marriage and inheritance contracts as well as divorce settlements
- Wills, powers of attorney, advance directives
- Articles of association, share purchase agreements and mergers of businesses
- Commercial register applications and company certificates of incorporation, especially for the founding of a GmbH, limited partnership or registration of a sole trader
- General meetings of publicly traded companies, procuration orders and managing director appointments
The German Condominium Act regulates the rights and obligations of members or owners of a homeowners or condominium association.
Our firm represents both individual owners, owners' associations, and property managers extrajudicially, judicially and also at owners' meetings, if necessary.
Our key services in residential property law
- Utilities/housing benefit payments
- Estate division orders
- Property management agreements
- Rights and obligations arising from joint ownership
- Individual and communal property
- Rules for use
- Benefits, burdens and costs
- Condominium owners' association meetings (convocation, presidency, minutes, resolutions)
- Appointment and dismissal of the manager or custodian
- Responsibilities and powers of the manager or custodian
- Budgets, accounting
- Inheritance law
- Family law
- Land law
- Real estate law
- Notarial contract drafting
- Residential property law
Offices and memberships
- Member of the Ravensburg Bar Association, r.a.
- Member of the Working Group on Family Law of the German Bar Association
- Supervisory board member of the Volksbank Weingarten eG