Our firm has been a reliable partner for businesses and business owners in different sectors for six decades. We understand the legal and economic challenges of running a business and actively support our mostly medium-sized clients in the realisation of business objectives. The extensively qualified team of the ‘Medium-sized Businesses’ practice group offers advice on all areas of corporate law — from founding to succession.
The need for legal advice arises in businesses not only in the case of drastic measures like restructuring or transactions, but also in many tasks in day-to-day operations. In this way, we support our clients in the development of new distribution channels, in questions of goods distribution, logistics and franchising, and in the context of research and development and even plant engineering, among other things. We offer advice to personnel departments in matters related to employment law and undertake the drafting or reviewing of all kinds of contracts. We support corporate financing measures with precise knowledge of the capital market and its legal bases. With continuous compliance advice, we ensure the legal conformity of strategies, structures or products and thereby significantly contribute to the prevention of business risks.
Alongside specialist lawyers in labour law, banking and capital market law, and commercial and company law, this practice group comprises specialists in trademark law, antitrust law, corporate law and notarial contract drafting. For comprehensive advice on interests, our economic experts collectively dedicate themselves to you and your business — purposefully and efficiently.
Our clients include established companies and family businesses, as well as future entrepreneurs and young start-ups. We advise both individual companies and publicly traded companies throughout Germany, of which our particular focus is regional, medium-sized companies and craft trades.
Key services of the practice group
- Advice on choice of legal structure and company incorporation
- Drafting of articles of association and bylaws
- Assistance in general and shareholder meetings
- Appointment, dismissal and compensation of shareholders
- Shareholder disputes, extrajudicial conflict resolution, process management
- Service contracts, labour contracts, employment contracts and severance agreements
- Distribution and agency contracts and distributor agreements
- Research and development contracts
- Advice on marketing and distribution channels
- Drafting and reviewing of general terms and conditions, conditions of purchase and terms of delivery
- Protection against bad debts, debt collection, default action, and foreclosure
- Strategies for problems in the supply chain, enforcement or defence of contractual penalties and claims for damages
- Advice and representation in liability situations (product liability)
- Support in the implementation and observance of compliance guidelines
- Assistance in processes of transformation (restructuring and reorganisation through mergers, splitting, changes in legal form or transfer of assets)
- Advice on capital measures and initial public offerings, acquisition and divestiture of company shares
- Company succession and hereditary succession in company shareholdings
- Strategies in insolvency for debtors and creditors
- Liquidation and dissolution of the company