Fields of expertise
The working environment is changing. And labour law along with it. Globalisation, digitalisation and increasingly more dynamic markets require structural changes in businesses. New employment models arise, and business processes must be organised differently. Flexibility is crucial. Thanks to extensive industry knowledge, we understand the concerns of our clients and develop practical legal solutions for all kinds of operational tasks.
Our firm supports you in your business dealings with forward-looking legal advice and clear recommendations for action alongside your business goals. We advise employers and employees in all matters related to labour law that arise from the establishment up to the termination of an employment relationship - including the drafting of employment and severance agreements, as well as warnings and dismissals. The know-how of our specialised lawyers and specialist lawyers covers the entire spectrum of individual labour law and collective labour law.
Our key services in labour law
- Drafting and reviewing of labour contracts, dismissals and severance agreements
- Setting of time limits on labour contracts
- Development of flexible working time models and remuneration systems, part-time arrangements
- Operational pension schemes
- Advice on restructuring and changes in business operations
- Reconciliation of interests and social compensation plan negotiations
- Negotiations with works councils including conciliation and decision-making procedures
- Representation in labour law proceedings, process management before labour and civil courts
Timely settlement of matters of inheritance is the best prerequisite for the peaceful coexistence of the bereaved parties. German inheritance law offers numerous possibilities to adhere to the last will and to individually determine hereditary succession, which the subject matter already makes extremely complex. When special living conditions and financial circumstances are added into the mix, inheritance law issues are almost impossible to resolve without specialist legal knowledge.
Our specialist lawyers in inheritance law and family law offer you competent and compassionate advice on all aspects of asset and company succession. If legal hereditary succession should lead to undesired results, we will develop a tailor-made strategy with you for the transfer of assets during the person's lifetime or in the event or death. Our notaries will design on request the appropriate orders or will review existing wills and inheritance contracts for their effectiveness. As an objective mediator, we will support you with internal family communication and will contribute to the avoidance or swift resolution of inheritance disputes. You can also rely on our competent support in the administration of estates.
Our key services in inheritance law
- Drafting and reviewing of testamentary dispositions (wills, inheritance contracts)
- Anticipated hereditary succession, drafting of donation agreements
- Advice on succession and succession planning
- Clarification and drafting of international private law-related succession issues
- Advance directives and living wills
- Support with applications for certificates of inheritance and negotiations for certificates of inheritance, representation in certificate of inheritance proceedings
- Enforcement or rebuttal of claims to legal portions of inheritance, drafting of contracts for the relinquishment of inheritance
- Help with the administration of estates, creation of estate records
- Estate settlements and execution of wills, drafting of estate settlement contracts
- Extrajudicial and judicial representation in inheritance disputes
Company law-related matters, such as those that arise in the founding, reorganisation and dissolution of businesses, have long played a central role in our day-to-day counselling practice. Experience makes the difference: processes in business development are complex and require special knowledge of both the legal and economic relationships.
Through specialist lawyer-related specialisation in commercial and company law, as well as further relevant legal fields, you are in good hands with us as a business owner in every respect. Our firm fully supports you in all legal matters of business development and operational day-to-day business. We represent you both extrajudicially and in judicial proceedings.
We even support you in the purchase and sale of commercial transactions, businesses and shareholdings, as well as in the procurement of capital. We are also happy to assist you in Commercial Register registration and deregistration formalities.
Our key services in company law
- Advice on choice of legal structure and company incorporation
- Advice on structuring matters related to incorporated companies (GmbH, AG) and partnerships (GbR, StGes, OHG, KG)
- Assistance in processes of transformation (restructuring and reorganisation through mergers, splitting, changes in legal form or transfer of assets)
- Amendments to bylaws
- Notarisation of shareholder resolutions
- Advice on capital measures and initial public offerings, acquisition and divestiture of company shares
- Liquidation and dissolution of the company
- Registration in the Commercial Register and Register of Associations
- Commercial Register powers of attorney
We are your competent point of contact for the drafting of contracts relating to the transfer of property - be this by way of sale or due to endowment or hereditary succession.
We take care of the necessary property encumbrances such as land charges, mortgages, usufruct orders or housing law orders. Even public access rights and rights of way, pipeline rights and all further safeguards than can be entered into the land register of the property concerned are prepared by our firm and notarised or authenticated if necessary. In the case of disputes arising from rights to property, we are committed to asserting your claims.
Our key services in land law
- Real estate contracts of sale
- Transfers of property
- Power of sale
Globalisation and digitisation have immensely changed the requirements in trade. Intensified competition, worldwide movement of goods and data, as well as complicated legal frameworks require carefully designed distribution systems and contractual arrangements. We help our clients to compete on the dynamic markets, to act in compliance with the law, and to successfully further develop their business models.
From our day-to-day work, we know the processes in commercial enterprises in many different sectors and identify with the economic objectives of our clients. Our specialist lawyers in commercial and company law are experienced practitioners who are both familiar with the purchase and supply relationships between businesses at different trade levels and with those of end customers.
We support you with competent advice throughout the entire value-added chain, undertake contractual arrangements, assert your claims or defend against unjustified claims. Depending on the issue, our specialised lawyers in antitrust, trademark and competition law, as well as those in IT law and data protection, are happy to be at your disposal.
Our key services in commercial law
- Advice on the building, expansion and restructuring of distribution systems
- Drafting and settlement of distribution contracts (agency contracts, distributor agreements, franchise contracts)
- Licensing agreements, cooperation and quality assurance agreements
- Procuration and powers of attorney
- Drafting and reviewing of general terms and conditions, conditions of purchase and terms of delivery
- Advice and representation in warranty and liability issues
- Defence against and enforcement of claims (acceptance criteria, liability for defects, product liability, contractual penalties)
Our firm is specialised in all matters concerning real estate that may arise. Regardless of the need for legal counsel in construction, acquisition, sale, renting or leasing of real estate, or for legal counsel in connection with brokerage activity in the area of real estate management, we give you comprehensive advice. Due to the possibility of acting in a legal representative or notarial capacity for you, we can help you in the area of real estate law in every respect. Our firm therefore supports and executes the division of property in condominiums or divisions resulting from new boundary surveys.
Our firm also assists you in matters of foreclosure proceedings and enforcement in real estate, in the commissioning of land charges and mortgages, as well as in all matters of safeguards of rights to real estate.
A major focus of our firm is notarial contract drafting.
Notarial documents are drawn up by us, authenticated or notarised, or even gladly reviewed for you in the case of notarisation done outside of our firm. We are also capable of carrying out notarial contract processing in international border transactions with neighbouring and other European countries, be this in land, inheritance or company law.
Our key services in notarial contract drafting
- Purchase agreements for property and dwellings
- Endowments and transfer of ownership agreements
- Declarations of division and developer contracts
- Marriage and inheritance contracts as well as divorce settlements
- Wills, powers of attorney, advance directives
- Articles of association, share purchase agreements and mergers of businesses
- Commercial register applications and company certificates of incorporation, especially for the founding of a GmbH, limited partnership or registration of a sole trader
- General meetings of publicly traded companies, procuration orders and managing director appointments
The concept of business law is not uniformly defined. It nonetheless covers the entirety of standards that restrict and guide self-employment in industry, commerce, craft trades, agriculture, transport and liberal professions.
We advise and represent you both extrajudicially and in court proceedings in all matters considered here. We especially attempt to develop solutions prior to litigation, so that disputes do not arise. If these have nonetheless already arisen, we also represent you before the authorities to achieve the best possible outcome for you.
- Studied law at the Universities of Freiburg, Lausanne/Switzerland and Munich
- State Examination in Law, 1978 in Munich
- Promotion to Dr. jur., 1980 in Munich
- Second State Examination in Law, 1981 in Munich
- Lawyer in Ravensburg since 1981
- Specialist lawyer in labour law since 1992
- Notary since 2001
- Specialist lawyer in inheritance law since 2007
Offices and memberships
- Board member of the German Bar Association, registered association (r.a.)
- Board member of the Baden-Württemberg Bar Association of the German Bar Association, r.a.
- Member of the Working Groups on Labour Law and Inheritance Law of the German Bar Association
- Member of the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- Member of the Society for Probate Law