ADMINISTRATION AND PUBLIC LAW
In this practice group, we pool our expertise in construction law, zoning and sectoral planning law, procurement and administrative law, as well as in all areas of environmental law, to strategically support clients from the public and private sectors in planning and development projects. Construction projects in the public domain are challenging in many respects: numerous regulations need to be observed and different interests need to be reconciled.
Through our work for businesses, citizens, cities and communities, we understand the interests of all parties involved and can always purposefully apply these for our clients. As specialist lawyers in construction and architectural law, as well as in administrative law, our experts are doubly specialised and are well-acquainted with the subject matter.
In the course of developing a project, we will advise you in the planning, structuring and implementation of your project. We inform you of any risks early on and suggest legally and economically sensible solutions, we review your project for its need for approval or notification and ensure the expediting of the necessary planning, construction and environmental procedures. Where required, we will also defend granted authorisations against claims by third parties.
The 'Administration and Public Law' practice group advises and represents local authorities such as building and environmental agencies, project development and housing cooperatives, construction and other businesses, as well as private individuals, among others.
Key services of the practice group
- Assistance with building permit proceedings and planning approval proceedings
- Advice on development plans, land-use plans and regional plans
- Clarification of environmental questions, especially in the areas of pollution control, water, conservation, soil protection, recycling and waste laws.
- Drafting, reviewing, enforcement or challenging of administrative contracts and decisions by authorities (municipal taxes, development contributions, demolition orders)
- Negotiation of urban development contracts
- Protection of property against government use, expropriation procedures
- Enforcement of claims of public authority liability and claims for compensation
- Representation in administrative and appeal proceedings before authorities and courts
- Advice on questions of trade law